The Migrant Freelancers Development Network is being developed to advocate, train, and support its members. This is a part of a bigger initiative and pledge towards long term action for diversifying the sector through Culture Central, which is a regional agency for sector support.
This network is open to those who:
– Have lived experience of migration from any region
– Currently work on a freelance / self-employed basis or are looking to begin freelancing
– Work as a creative practitioner in the arts, including: artists, crew, producers, musicians, performers, facilitators, curators, and more
– Live or work in the Midlands and can commute to Birmingham
If this sounds like you – please join us at this event to begin developing your career and levelling-up your skills alongside fellow migrant creatives.
In this initial meeting, we need YOUR voice to start an immediate conversation about what we need to address our (under) representation within British creative economies, so let us know you’re attending by clicking ‘GOING’ on this event page.
In the most immediate terms this is what we can offer:
• 2 network meetings on SEPT 27th and OCT 11th in Centrala Space, Digbeth, facilitated by Tina Hofman. (Tina is a Croatian producer/theatre-maker and an industry professional with over 15 years experience, and a co-founder of Migrants in Theatre national network. Tina is now doing a collaborative PhD with Centrala)
• 2 online training sessions with experts in the field to focus on: networking training, portfolio building, writing business plans, planning budgets, searching for opportunities and fundraising, using experience and social capital from abroad in building stronger networks and cultural offerings in the UK.
• Inclusion in our online database of Central and Eastern European (CEE) network members: portfolios, contact lists, resources, online forum and chat options (trough social media and telegram channel)
• Ongoing monthly network meetups offering our members a Pecha Kucha style presentations to platform their work and projects, inviting local and national organisations, institutions and industry professionals.
• Free use of Centrala space to the network members for meetings, performances, rehearsal and experimentations within space availability.
PLEASE SIGN UP THROUGH THIS LINK: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/…/migrant-freelancers…
OR CLICK ‘GOING’ ON THE FACEBOOK EVENT https://fb.me/e/1K7U4CTAF
6:30-8:30PM at CENTRALA
Unit 4 Minerva Works, 158 Fazeley St, Birmingham B5 5RT
Refreshments will be provided at this meeting, with additional options available to purchase at the café. Access to this space is step-free, but please contact Centrala directly if you have access needs on 0121 513 0240.
Image credit: Eastern Incantations @ Centrala