A better story about our future is possible!
Avocados or snowflakes? Neither. Let’s take back control (yep, we said it) of what people are saying, thinking and hearing about millennials and our future.
This event is all about celebrating and inspiring the young leaders and influencers of today and tomorrow. Our programme of talks, masterclasses and creative activities will showcase stories of social activism, positive political ideas, and opportunities to get involved.
11:00am – 12:30pm: Visions for our shared future
A better story about our future is possible. Listen to activists, social pioneers, entrepreneurs, local politicians and young leaders talk about their ideas for the future. Featuring:
– Amahra Spence – artist and social pioneer
– Andrew Mitchell – MP and international development expert
– Siana Bangura – writer, producer and campaigner
– Jonathan Chilvers – Green Party Councillor
– Seunfunmi Tinubu – writer and spoken word artist
– Preet Gill – MP and mentoring champion
12:30pm – 3:30pm – #SHAPETHEFUTURE masterclasses
Let’s get on with it! How do we take back control of what people are saying, thinking and hearing about millennials and our future? Workshops include:
– How to use art for action (Amahra Spence, artist and social pioneer)
– How to master public speaking (Bryony, YEUK Youth Ambassador)
– How to influence policymaking in Brexit Britain (Rachel Dodgson, parliamentary outreach worker)
– How to engage with local government (Joe Porter, Councillor and campaigner)
– How to apply for funding for your idea (Regis Cochefert, fundraising expert)
– How to make sense of Brexit and human rights (Matteo Bergamini, campaigner and social entrepreneur)
3:30pm-5:00pm – Breixt: The Policy Factor
How do we ensure Brexit works for the younger generations? We will hear a series of policy auditions from high profile speakers, followed by comments from your judging panel.
– Steve McCabe – MP and campaigner
– Joe Porter – Councillor and campaigner for Undivided, Stonewall and various youth organisations
– Other speakers TBC
– Hoor Pathan – political campaigner and deradicalization champion
– Adeola Gbakinro – diversity campaigner and Commonwealth young leader
– Leto Dietrich – you people’s champion and activist
– Matteo Bergamini – campaigner and social entrepreneur