Centrala is proud to announce its exciting collaboration with Rosetta Art and Culture Within Newham to launch the Eastern European Photography Club, an initiative aimed at promoting cultural exchange, community engagement, and creativity. This partnership reflects our shared commitment to celebrating the diverse cultural heritage of Central and Eastern Europe through the lens of photography. By combining the artistic expertise of Rosetta Arts with Centrala’s dedication to fostering cultural connections, we aim that the Eastern European Photography Club will become a hub where individuals from various backgrounds can come together, share their stories of migration, and express the process of establishing a new home in away from one’s place of origin using the medium of photography
The Eastern European Photography Club (EEPC) is launching in Newham, starting November 4th, 2023. This photography club, catering to Eastern European photography enthusiasts, offers a platform for cultural exchange, creativity, and skill development.
Key Features of the EEPC:
- Weekly Meetings: EEPC will meet every Saturday, welcoming photographers of all levels.
- Cultural Exchange: Members will share Eastern European perspectives through photography.
- The club will be hosted by Paulina Korobkiewicz: Renowned photographer Paulina Korobkiewicz will lead workshops in the goal of exchange and conversation.
- Exhibitions and Community Projects: Members’ work with Paulina to develop personal projects that will create a contemporary portrait of Newham showcase with a focus on the CEE perspective which will be exhibited locally, promoting cultural connections.
- Inclusivity: The club embraces all backgrounds, fostering a welcoming environment.
The first meeting is on November 4th, 2023, at Rosetta Arts 10:30 am -12:30pm and will continue weekly every Saturday excluding the school holidays. The sessions are free and can be booked here
Image credit : Paulina Korobkiewicz