14 Sep Volunteer Opportunity at Centrala
We are looking for a committed and talented young person to its new cultural
initiative – Centrala Gallery. A desired candidate will be contributing to the development, administration and management of a vibrant cultural venue, its arts programme and associated creative projects.
We are recruiting to our team enthusiastic and motivated front of house staff. Your major role will be to welcome our visitors to Centrala Gallery and Cafe, as well as to support activities or events.You will be responsible for visitors and the collections on display, including general housekeeping and will provide high quality front of house services.
Other duties to include:
1. Attend all out of hours events such as exhibitions open nights
2. Keeping the gallery clean & tidy
3. To liaise with customers, volunteers, and staff in a professional and welcoming manner
4. Scheduling and prioritising your own work and ensuring deadlines are met.
5. Working as part of a team to deliver a high level of service and cooperation to both clients and colleagues alike.
6. Participating in full at all team meetings and all relevant client and business discussions.
7. Undertaking other tasks as and when directed by your line manager and when reasonably requested by the colleagues.
• Able to deliver all administrative tasks as required
• Volunteering experience
• Proactive and positive with a ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to multitask
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Background education in arts, culture
• Committed to following a project through, from start to finish
• Computer literate
• Creativity and ability to work on own initiative and meeting deadlines
Seen as advantage
• Experience in working at gallery
Vacancy Location: Centrala, Unit 4, Minerva Works, 158 Fazeley Street B5 5RT Birmingham
Working Week: flexible
Number of Vacancies: 2
Possible Start Date: immediate