We are seeking socially aware, committed members to join our Advisory Board to support and advise on our future strategic direction, operations and development. We meet four times a year and offer a wealth of opportunities to get involved with a diverse creative community.
Role Description & Person Specification
The aim of the Centrala Advisory Board is to support and advise on the strategic direction, operation and development of Centrala and its programmes of work. The board will act collectively and collaboratively to govern this work.
The Advisory Board will elect a Chair and be accountable to the Directors of PEA CIC who operate Centrala.
Roles and responsibilities:
1. To determine the mission and vision for Centrala and its programmes
2. Strategic planning, including business development and delivery plans
3. To assist in the formulation of policies and procedures as needed
4. To help Centrala monitor the quality, impact and reach of its programmes and services
5. To contribute creative ideas and help develop new concepts
6. To support and promote Centrala’s profile-raising and campaigning activities including
fundraising and advocacy
7. To provide oversight of financial and risk management
8. To actively develop the Advisory Board, including recruiting new members when needed
9. To carry out all Advisory Board business efficiently.
10. To be an independent voice and critical friend to PEA, the parent company.
Each member will be expected to show:
An understanding of challenges and opportunities facing Central and Eastern European
migrants in the UK today
An appreciation of or experience in arts and culture, particularly socially engaged work
A commitment to advance intercultural understanding and make a difference to the lives of
diverse communities living in Birmingham, across the UK and Europe
A commitment to Centrala and a willingness to devote reasonable time and effort to the
board as needed
The ability to think creatively, strategically, offer independent and objective advice, and
speak his/her mind
The ability to work effectively in a team
An understanding and acceptance to the responsibilities of membership
Qualities of integrity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
Ability to attend four meetings per year and contribute to the organisation on a regular
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the Person Specification to email@example.com.
We are waiting untill 31st August 2018.