Tuesday - Saturday, 11-6PM
and Late opening for events
Who we are (our story)
Centrala was launched in 2012 and has gone onto establish itself as a nationally and internationally recognised centre for Central and Eastern European art and artists. We are now the only publicly-funded gallery of our kind and the only advocate for Central and European art and artists outside London. Our mission is all-embracing: we are powerful advocates for social integration, bringing together diverse audiences under one roof to share, explore, debate and connect with high quality art and events. We strive towards our vision of a society where Central and Eastern European communities are welcomed and integrated, and where their art, culture and heritage are recognised and understood.
Our vision is a society where Central and Eastern European communities are integrated and welcomed in the UK and where Central and Eastern European arts and culture are understood and recognised nationally and internationally.
Our mission is:
• To advance the social integration and cohesion of Central and Eastern European communities in the UK
• To promote Central and Eastern European arts and culture to a diverse audience.
Our values are:
• Equality and diversity as preconditions for co-existence and mutual respect
• Inclusion as a means of preventing individuals from feeling isolated, disaffected or marginalised
• Collaboration as a tool for building communities and a sense of ownership, as well as own capacities
• Communication as a basis for constructing effective, respectful and balanced relationships
• Integration as a context for celebrating Central and Eastern European culture and tradition within British society.
Centrala is offering three 4 month Erasmus internships, one with an administrative focus; Administrative Assistant, one with a marketing focus; Marketing Assistant and lastly one with a programming focus; Gallery/Information Assistant.
The internships offer the opportunity to work closely with Centrala staff members in a supporting role towards exhibitions, projects and events. This is a great opportunity for those who are interested and passionate about Central and Eastern European contemporary art, and would suit those interested in arts management, curating or other related focus within the visual arts.
Centrala’s volunteers are a valuable support to our front of house team, assisting with the smooth running of our events and activities and enhancing visitor experience. They provide security for the exhibition and installations, monitor visitor numbers and satisfaction. We are currently inviting applications from individuals who would like to join our Volunteer Invigilator & Marketing team. We are looking for enthusiastic people who have a keen interest in engaging with contemporary art, interacting with our visitors, and who have a positive and helpful attitude.We are currently looking for volunteer invigilators to support our Summer exhibitions and events programme.
To apply: If you would like to be involved, please email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating why you are interested in the role, what relevant skills you possess and your availability in relation to the shift information above.